Getting Started with EZ Data
Authentication happens via your username and password. To log into the EZ Data App use the same username and password, once logged in you will see your current JWT token, and an Authorization header you can use for making HTTP requests.
JWT Token The JWT token is a token that will work for your HTTP requests to the EZ Data API. Every API call requires authentication whether you are doing a GET request to view your data or POST request to create new data.
Before you start moving into saving new data and creating groups, it is good to get an understanding how the data works.
- ITEM – items are pieces of data, and are associated to groups. Item data:
- item:value – integer – this is a main number value for the item
- item:misc_one – integer – this is another number value for the item
- item:misc_two – integer – this is another number value for the item
- item:misc_three – string – this is a string value for the item
- item:misc_four – string – this is another string value for the item
- GROUPS – groups are how items are organized, each item must be associated to 1 group
Every piece of data that you sent to EZ Data is grouped together by custom groups you put together. Create a group, and immediately start sending data to start analyzing.
Each item allows you an integer value for “Value” as the main value for the group, as well as misc_one & misc_two – don’t worry you can apply custom labels for those!
For extra data we give you misc_three & misc_four as string values, so you can give great definition to the data set.
Once you have some data in place, time to start analyzing!
We wanted to think of the most common question you’d have for your data, when you have an assortment of data grouped.
Total of X grouped by Y
A simple way to analyze your data quickly, currently we support:
- Bar Charts
- Line Graphs
- Pie Charts
Now that you know how the data is set up, lets start with creating a group